Monday, October 2, 2017

Fall(ing) leaves

Fall is coming, and I was thinking changing our wallhanging in the dining room for something in this mode. I went through pinterest, could not find anything useful, but all those beautiful photos triggered a new idea: beige/brown stripes like a foggy October morning, with colorful leaves whirling in the wind. In real life the colors a litther lighter and cheerier, this photo is a little depressed one.

I wanted something more on the modern side, so I came up with this top. It was a real quick process,  took only a day to design and sew, the longes time was the fabric audition. I used the photo add-on on my phone to get the values right: both the grayscale and tones version helped to choose the right ones. Unfortunately the middle stripe was too small, and when I saw the final result I added a border. It took away some of the modern feeling, but at least not too small. Maybe I will prepare another one with the right measures, but I promised myself not to by new fabric this year, so this is what I will have.


Falling Leaves - own design

No comments: